- Python, Pandas, SKLearn
- Exceptional time management, organisation and leadership ability.
- Extensive creative problem solving experience.
September 2017 – August 2018
- Distinction achieved in every assignment to date.
- Proctor’s Award for Teaching Excellence Nominee.
- Modules: Object Oriented Programming, Modelling and Design; Artificial Intelligence Principles; Artificial Intelligence Practice; Interactive Software and Hardware; Machine Learning; Visual Analytics; Data, Ethics & Privacy.
- Upcoming: Master’s thesis in deep learning and computer vision.
September 2016 – July 2017
Various online courses and certifications, including:
- Covered core CS principles & data structures, implemented a range of programs in C, including a Vigenère cipher encryptor, a web server, a program to recover deleted images and a stock trading website using C, PHP and MySQL, built a decision maker web application for final project.
September 2009 – June 2012
Fine Art BA Hons 2:1, Margaret Street School of Art, Birmingham City University
- Oil painting and drafting in ink on themes of parallel universes and the uncanny.
- Showed work in local and national galleries. Curated and promoted local exhibitions.
February 2018 – Present
RAISE AI Safety Research Camp AI Safety Researcher
- Currently conducting a literature review to identify a research agenda – we will be exploring how to avoid unwanted side effects in reinforcement learning gridworlds.
January 2018 – Present
Effective Altruism AGI Forum Officer
- Promote effective altruism and EA events within the community, support the committee in decision making and planning.
- Founded and continue to run a weekly Artificial General Intelligence academic reading group, facilitating interdisciplinary discussion of AI research and risks.
December 2016 – September 2017
July 2012 – May 2017
- Built successful online design business, working for a wide range of international clients in web design, branding, illustration, publishing and technical artwork.
- Planned complex short and long term projects, leading small teams of freelancers across several time zones and developing excellent organisation, time management and communication skills.
- Consistently attained glowing recommendations, proving commitment to quality work and attention to detail.
July 2012 – May 2017
- Created a vegan t-shirt brand.
- Made a kickstarter-funded book of illustrations of Manhattan’s urban myths.
- Wrote a book about how to start a freelance career from scratch.
- Built a weight loss calculator web app with the help of the MyFitnessPal community.
- Started a popular website about digital nomad work and lifestyle.
September 2010 – November 2013
Art & Design Tutor
- Developed and taught an art and design curriculum to homeschooled teenagers.
- Created and taught a wildly successful weekly life drawing class in a Birmingham pub.
December 2009 – July 2012
PKA Manager & Kickboxing Instructor
- Managed the PKA (Professional Kickboxing Association) headquarters and increased membership sales tenfold, launched two additional satellite clubs, taught kickboxing and self defence to adults and kids.